Monday, March 9, 2009

Breast Cancer

In early January my mom Lisa felt a lump about 2 inches under her collarbone. She showed my dad like "look how strange" just in passing. My dad then felt it and immediately thought it was something to worry about.
So the next day my dad had a doctor at his office write a referral. 2 weeks after she felt a "bump, that was nothing to worry about" she went into surgery for a lumpectomy (which is when they just take out the lump) So now she has to go though 3 months of Chemo. after that Radiation for about 3 months everyday.
So today she texts me saying "my hair is FALLING out, lets go get a wig" my mother always the go-get-er! she thought heck my hairs falling out lets just shave it a buy a wig! So on her lunch hour we went and tried on wigs! It had to be the funniest moment ever when she tried on a platinum blonde long curly wig! Needless to say we bought a great looking one! When we got home my very sweet husband shaved her hair for her! So moral of the blog/story CHECK for breast cancer. And make sure you get a second opinion, because something you don't think is a big deal could be!

1 comment:

  1. HOW AWEFUL!!! IM SORRY!!! I ACTUALLY HAD TO HAVE A LUMPECTOMY NOVEMBER 2007... I WAS SO SCARED!!! LUCKLILY IT TURNED OUT NON CANCER... YOUR MOM IS A VERY NICE LADY!!! HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL WITH HER TREATMENT :)

    ReplyDelete